Reformation Virtual Choir
It’s been a while since we did a virtual choir. As singing in groups is probably a long way off, we thought we do another virtual choir for Reformation Sunday, October 25. This time we’ll sing “A Mighty Fortress is Our God,” Hymn #504 in the ELW.
Steps for recording:
- Download the music and accompaniment below.
If needed, also download the rehearsal track for your part.
- Have headphones or earbuds available for doing the recording. – this is really important.
- Maybe wear red or other colors that are like flame, for the Holy Spirit.
- Find somewhere quiet, especially important is to not have TV or radio noise.
- Find a way to play the accompaniment through your headphones/earbuds while you are also recording. Some examples, have your partner record on their phone while you listen on yours or use a computer that can play the audio and record your video at the same time.
- Record yourself singing all verses while listening to the full accompaniment recording. This ensures that you are singing in the same tempo as the accompaniment, and as everyone else is singing.
- Say aloud “3, 4” when you hear “1,2,3,4” on the accompaniment recording.
- Be sure that the playback of the accompaniment is going through the earbuds/headphones.
- If you and a family member often sing together, please record separately if you can to make the final audio mix easier to do.
- Please Name the recording AMightyFortress.Soprano.Jane.Doe, replacing Jane.Doe with your name and Soprano with your part.
- Submit the file with your recording: http://bit.ly/MELCWorshipDropbox