Come join us for an evening of contemplative worship at the home of Gaye and Linn Wetzel, 101 Hummel Rd, just west of New Berlin.
Drawing inspiration from the worship community of Taizé, we will encounter the mystery of God’s presence in reflective song, in holy silence, and in prayer. Worship in this style tends to have short pieces of music that are repeated for a very long time. Through this repetition, we begin to let go of that which pulls us away from God and to encounter the divine dwelling in our midst. One example of this style of worship is below. Many of you may also recall the style of music and worship of Prayer Around the Cross from Lenten services in the past, which is similar to this style of worship.
We hope you’ll join us on Saturday, October 10, at 6:30 pm for this special Fall Harvest Home Vespers Service, with a central theme of rejoicing in God always.
- Service is at 101 Hummel Rd, the home of Gaye and Linn Wetzel
- We will have some cider and some snacks.
- We follow outdoor dining procedures – please wear a face-covering as you come in and as you move about, you may drop it when seated at least 6 feet apart from persons not in your pod.
- Please bring a chair and a flash light (to see your way back to your car)
- Park in the field by the mailbox and walk a little way up the hill to the fire ring.